History of the Eureka Lodge
Lodge was built in the 1920's. It is one of the best preserved examples of an early 1900's mining boarding hotel found in the west. The lodge is listed on the National, State and Local Register of Historic Places. The owners Bob and Terri Brokering have worked the past 25 years to renovate the lodge and are happy to share it with the public.
Originally a part of a large mining complex, known as the Martin Mining Complex, that included over 100 mine claims, this lodge sits on 40 acres surrounded by Forest Service or BLM land. Located approximately 8 miles from Silverton, it is best described as a perfect weekend retreat. There is no telephone or cell service, no cable or satellite TV.